Microwaves have made life so much easier for everyone. It has made ready meals and quick heating possible and how can one forget the instant popcorn tubs for lazy weekends watching movies.
Like any other gadget, even microwaves need cleaning from time to time. It can be a bit tricky as well since these machines tends to hold on to food smells that can be challenging to remove. Here is a way in which you can get a squeaky clean microwaves in just a few minutes.
Simple and green cleaning for microwaves
· Take a large microwave friendly glass or ceramic bowl easily available in the market or already in your kitchen cabinet. Pour at least two cups of water followed by a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar.
· Put this solution into the microwave and process till nearly half of the water has evaporated. You can keep checking through the glass of the microwave door.
· Once done, keep the door closed for around 10 to 15 minutes. This gives the water enough time to cool down a little bit while allowing the generated steam to permeate residual food particles that have become rigid and hard over a period of time.
· Open the door and remove the bowl with the help of mittens. It is still very hot.
· Take a soft sponge and put some baking soda to make an effective but green cleaner. Gently scrub the walls to remove stains and residue.
· This is not all. Last but not the least, take a clean piece of cloth and dampen it with some water. Give the entire microwave a wipe over to result in a microwave that is super clean, sparkling and with no hint of odor.
Baking soda and vinegar are one of the greenest agents that are effective cleaning agents as well.